Greetings everyone, and welcome to the so-called “gloomiest week of the year”.
Kicking off with Blue Monday, officially the most depressing day of the year, apparently scientifically diagnosed using a mathematical formula based on factors such as crap weather, debt after the festivities and failure date for new year’s resolutions.
But don’t despair. Here are a few reasons to be cheerful and beat the blues:
- If you have succeeded with Dry January – you only have 10 days left. Yay.
- Greggs is now providing a new home delivery service.
- Prosecco is on sale after Christmas at just £6.Yesssss.
- Restaurants are desperate to fill tables, so deals abound right now. I’ve just eaten 3 courses at The Shard for £36!
- The Cinema is full of decent movies in the run-up to awards season, including my new favourite, La La Land. Ryan Goslng is hot hot hot – perfect for this chilly month. Plus Trainspotting 2 is one for the notebook.
- The happiest country in the world is Denmark and this month, Ryanair is flying there for just £9. Cheaper than two bottles of Prosecco.
- And finally, it’s cold and the perfect excuse to wrap up in cosy jackets and trainers, which are rocking all catwalks at the Fashion Weeks right now.
So, whatever cheers you up, make the most. It goes without saying, holiday plans should be well under way – you can start planning that summer body and wardrobe right now (planning is half way to doing, right?) Here at Zips It Up, we will be helping in that department, of course.
Onto this week’s instalment and we look at stacked heels for men at Milan Fashion Week, our very own PM graces the cover of Vogue, the most important colour this season and a new miracle under-eye cream guaranteed to make you look like you’ve just slept for 30 hours straight!
Enjoy Amanda Zips It Up! x