Welcome to the end of June, and to the end of a certain amount of lockdown.
We’ve (well definitely, I’ve) been waiting for bars and restaurants to open since the day they closed, but what else has bumbling Boris allowed to re-open? On the UK’s very own ‘INDEPENDENCE DAY’, I thought you might find it useful to have everything listed in one place.
Yes, the following businesses are able to open again from July 4, as long as they are Covid-19 secure. These include:
- Hotels, hostels bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartments or homes, cottages or bungalows, campsites, caravan parks or boarding houses
- Places of Worship
- Community Centres
- Restaurants, Cafes and Workplace Canteens
- Bingo Halls
- Theatres and concert halls, but no live music
- Museums and galleries
- Hair salons and barbers
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Outdoor gyms
- Funfairs, theme parks and adventure parks and activities
- Amusement arcades
- Outdoor skating rinks
- Other indoor leisure centres or facilities, including indoor games, recreation and entertainment venues
- Social Clubs
- Model villages
- Indoor attractions at aquariums, zoos, safari parks, farms, wildlife centres and any place where animals are exhibited to the public as an attraction.
What businesses must remain closed?
The PM said that some businesses must remain shut “for now”. These include the following:
- Bowling alleys and indoor skating rinks
- Indoor play areas including soft-play
- Nail bars and beauty salons
- Massage, tattoo and piercing parlours
- Indoor fitness and dance studios, and indoor gyms and sports venues/facilities
- Swimming pools and water parks
- Exhibition or Conference Centres – where they are to be used for exhibitions or conferences, other than for those who work for that venue.
We’re yet to find out about travel restrictions, but I have a feeling we could be Balearic bound before you can say the word “passport”.
In this issue, we discover the best swimwear for all shapes and sizes, fabulous summer cocktails delivered to your home and the must-have summer shorts you girls should all be wearing in 2020.